Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Campus, Another Sodom, Another Babylon





                         "Verily I say unto you
                           It shall be more tolerable
                           For Sodom and Gomorrah
                           Than for that city" Matthew 10: 15



                On my book shelf
                 Is a dusty KJV bible,
                 Presented to me
                 By Mom.
               


                I never opened it
                But, it was always my companion.
                I hate church,
                I kept a distance from the fanatics
                On campus.
                How I hated them with a passion!






               Admission into higher institution
              Was a smooth sail.
              My name came out on the merit list
              And after all formal documentation,
              I matriculated and became a fresher
              In the School of Medicine.


              My first three academic years
              Were strictly devoted to rigorous study
              And attending lectures religiously.
              I wrote exams and my results
             Were fantastic; my GP was Superb.


              I became a high flyer,
              The envy of my course-mates.
              Dad was proud of me.


             My dilemma emerge in my fourth year
             I still blame myself for getting closer to Jenny.
           

5 comments:

  1. Higher institution, a world of its own with its own rules, governance and justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. Students need to be focussed and beware of bad company.

      Delete
  2. No matter advise giving to a child that will perish ,he /she will never yield to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter advise giving to a child that will perish ,he /she will never yield to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He who is often reproved, yet stiffens his neck, will suddenly be broken beyond healing. Proverbs 29:1 (ESV)

      Delete