Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Finding Mercy






                          "Wealth maketh many friends,
                            But a poor man is separated from
                            His neighbour" Proverbs 19:4





                         Jenny and I had parted ways.
                         She was damn too lucky;
                         One of her many drug baron
                         Had flown her abroad.
                         No close pal or confidante any more.




                        I was rather unfortunate,
                        Nobody wants to be my friend any more.
                        I had no money to throw around,
                        I was left to fate.





                      " Seest thou a man diligent in his business?
                       He shall stand before kings;
                       He shall not stand before mean men." Proverbs 22:29



                       I became sober
                      When John got a six digit dollar
                      Monthly pay in a famous
                      International Law Firm.



                     I cried all day
                     And went to bed hungry.



                    I woke up
                   The next day,
                   Leaning on my bookshelf
                   Pondering;


                   Alas! my dusty KJV bible fell
                   And a page had already opened.
                   I picked it up
                   And Psalm 51
                  Caught my attention.



                 I read it till the
                Umpteenth time
                And could only
                Whisper
              "God have mercy."
   





7 comments:

  1. Thumbs up Kemmysonex....more please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, God have mercy!!! the page that got opened, love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, God have mercy!!! the page that got opened, love this piece.

    ReplyDelete