Tuesday, 29 November 2016

The Agony of Loneliness




                                     then the Lord  God said,
                                    ''it is not good that the man
                                     should be alone...'' Genesis 2:18



                                   The reality of loneliness
                                   Began to dawn on me
                                   After my 33rd birthday.
                                   A promising future;
                                   A fulfilling career,
                                   Yet no soulmate.




                                  I had prayed,
                                  I had fasted,
                                  Just that God is slow
                                  In keeping His promises.




                                 I know His promises
                                 Is yea and amen
                                 Just that I couldn't bear it
                                 Any longer.



                                Even the bible says,
                               '' it is better to marry
                                 than to burn with passion'' 1 Corinthians 7:9
                                How I often longed to be 
                                Wrapped in the arms of
                                My own man.




                               I had become a subject
                               Of ridicule in my neighbourhood.
                               I live in a serene environment,
                               I drive a fast car.
                               I worship in a fast growing church,
                               I was a dedicated worker
                               In His vineyard.
                               Just that Mr Right
                               Didn't even notice
                               Or care.



                          
                              The bottom-line...
                               I gave up on God!
                                   






2 comments: