Wednesday, 7 December 2016

My Firstfruit








                                  "consecrate to me
                                    every firstborn male'' Exodus 13:2



                                 After my third trimester
                                 Of pregnancy,
                                 I put to bed
                                 A bouncing baby boy.



                               My firstfruit,
                               The strength of my youth,
                               My joy, my comfort,
                               My shining Armour.


                               He was christened
                               On the eighth day,
                               And I named him,
                               JEREMIAH.



                              Jerry was such a
                              Cute child.
                              Always fun to be with.




                              His growth was rapid
                              And he is wiser than his age.
                              I think he took after me;
                              Very witty and intelligent.




                             I moved on

                             With life;
                             As a single mum.
                             I never gave the issue
                             Of marriage a thought,
                             Not for one moment.




                            I became zealous
                            For the Lord
                            Once again;
                            Prominent in evangelism
                            And follow-up.



                           Jerry is worth
                           More than ten
                           Princes;
                           So, I thought.
                           

2 comments: